Skip to main content

GRWM | Living in Abuja #6 | Living alone | A day in my life

I've made a YouTube vlog about how I navigate my life in Abuja. I think Abuja is one of the coolest, quietest cities to live in, but I have a problem with it; it's boring and less fun than Lagos. I really miss Lagos State, with its vibrant energy and bustling atmosphere even though Lagos is overpopulated and has a lot of upside down its still a happening place because everyone wants to live in Lagos, but I want you to know that Lagos is not the way Nollywood portrayed it to be, it's just a movie because you will hustle your ass out, Abuja has its diverse cultural scene and its lively nightlife. quiet life, and as an introverted person, I guess that is working for me, but I still miss that Lagos vibe and hanging out with a few friends. I enjoy exploring Abuja's art galleries, museums, and theaters, which contribute to its vibrant cultural scene.

You Suck. Get Over It

You Suck Updated Life isn’t a steady escalator. Sometimes getting better requires that you first get a lot worse. If you can’t admit to yourself that you suck at something, chances are it will hold you back from future improvements.
Pride, ego, fear of rejection, call it what you will. The result is the same. Part of you likes your temporary holdout in life. It isn’t the work that scares you, or even the unknown. It’s the fact that in order to move forward you have to get your hands dirty.

Examples of “I Suck” Moments Creating Progress

I’d like to argue that “I Suck” moments aren’t the rarity. Letting go of what you already have is a crucial part of many improvements. Here’s just a few examples of how failing to utilize “I Suck” moments could hold you back:

The Dead-End Job

You want to start a business. But you don’t know anything about business. In fact, you’re pretty sure it can’t compete with the salary you are already earning. Your job is comfortable, but it doesn’t make you want to leap out of bed each morning. Your choice is either to face the inevitable “I Suck” moment, ignore your pride and get started with your business. Or go back to working the job that will eventually suffocate you.

The Dull Relationship

You’ve been together for months but the passion isn’t there any more. But you haven’t been dating in awhile and you’re worried you can’t do any better. Your choice is either to stick with someone who isn’t right for you or admit you suck at dating but go through with it anyways.

The Out-of-Shape Body

It’s been years since you’ve hit the gym. Now you want to get back in shape, but it will mean departing from your days of youthful fitness. Your choice is to either admit you suck at exercising and struggle out with the basics of fitness and willpower others have mastered – or continue to live an unhealthy life.
The examples of “I Suck” moments being the deciding factor are numerous.
I have personally had many “I Suck” moments in my own life. As a shy, introverted kid it took a lot of pride-swallowing to admit I had to learn a lot about communication and socializing. I started on the bottom and faced more than a few failures. Now I have hundreds of friends and consider it to be a personal strength.
When I started this blog I was only Nineteen  and new to writing, blogging and hardly an expert. I had to face up to the “I Suck” moment and work hard to gain traffic. Looking at months of virtually no subscribers was just a small part of the ego-dissolving I needed to do.

How to Push Past the “I Suck” Moments

Nobody wants to be bad at something. Nobody wants to take a step backwards. Nobody wants to move from a comfort zone where you already kick-ass to one where you feel out of place. But sometimes it needs to be done.
Here’s just a few ideas I’ve found helpful for pushing past “I Suck” until you can eventually say “I’m Great!”
  • Cut Denial – The hardest step is admitting you have a problem. Admitting that an area of your life isn’t as great as you want it to be. Or facing the truth that your current direction, while comfortable, isn’t taking you anywhere.
  • Face Your Pain – Don’t fight it. If you feel crappy, search through it. Don’t dilute your depressed or uncomfortable feelings about a bad area of your life. Write out your thoughts and feeling. Admit “I Suck” liberally. It will substitute a chronic pain for an acute one. But facing those thoughts is the only way through them.
  • Start at the Bottom – Push through your pride and start back at the bottom. If quitting your boring job to pursue your dreams means a cut in salary, you might have to take it. Losing one relationship may mean you need to stumble in your dating life.
  • Find an Anchor – Find something that gives you self-worth. Anchor yourself in something more permanent so your self-esteem doesn’t crash when you face the “I Suck” moment. This could be family, spiritual beliefs, knowledge, close friends, skills or even the present.

You Don’t Really Suck

“I Suck” moments are an illusion in themselves. As painful as they are, once you go to the other side, you can’t imagine not having done it sooner. Although it may appear to be a dip in quality of life, the opposite often occurs. Looking back, the “I Suck” was more brief than it had first appeared.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering the best version of yourself

To get the best of yourself, it's important to set achievable goals and work towards them consistently. Take time to reflect on your strengths and weaknesses, and focus on improving areas where you may struggle. It's also crucial to maintain a positive attitude and surround yourself with supportive people who encourage and uplift you. Remember to prioritize self-care and take breaks when needed to recharge and refocus. With dedication and persistence, you can unleash your full potential and achieve great things.                          I've been feeling like I just want to be around people who understand me and my abilities lately. It's been hard to find those people, so I've been spending a lot of time at home just reflecting on life and all the good things that have come my way. It's been a nice break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, but I know I'll eventually need to venture out and find my tribe. Sometimes, it can feel overwhelming when you

WHAT’S YOUR PLAN FOR 2023 ?

A lot of you might have gotten these questions from different people, every new year someone asks you what’s your plan for the year. I know it’s a disturbing question but it's ok People believe that every year comes with new resolutions, some believe it's the year to concentrate in life because they feel they've wasted their time last year or have new friends and cut off some friends, well it doesn’t work that way, you can actually cut people off when you notice some weird changes or attitude they display, I can tell you that such toxic vibe can't add value to what you're planning for yourself Cutting people off isn't a bad idea, rather know who and who deserves to be cut or to retain Living your life comes with a lot of sacrifice, you make sacrifices to get where you wanna be, the way you live now determines the way you plan your future, don't let anyone frustrate your life, again never live your life for anyone Plan your life in a system that works for you

Don't fake it

 Nowadays, people do lot of shits just to belong, fake everything about them, making people see them as that hardworking person.                Now for example, an influencer telling you how she makes million from her content creating needs to be questioned, from the look of things, a lot of youth out there has been deceived in one way or the other, do not believe everything you see on social media, because people lie. i call this guys bunch of liars